would you say anything if you see someone smoking with a young child in a car?

savannahnhi

Asked by savannahnhi at 1:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have really wanted to but haven't yet! Its one thing for an adult to choose to smoke. But the child has no choice!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Nothing. Id feel bad for the baby but its not my business. Ppl should be able to do what they want and I cant stand when others try to intervene! (not directed at you :))
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Nope. Not my business.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I would think it sad but I wouldn't say anything. It's called road rage honey...Don't give someone a verbal invitation. It's none of my business. However, if they were driving drunk or beating their child while driving...I'd call the police.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I never say anything to the parents, its not my place, I however do live with my MIL who does smoke and we have had a few "debates" concerning smoking around my son. I won, and now she will only smoke in her room, I still hate that though!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i remember my stupid mother would smoke in the car when my 2 yr old was in there.
    Anonymous

•  

YES YES YES, I AM a smoker. I would never smoke with someone else's kids in the car. My in-law used to do this...with the windows up. And my youngest has asmtha...yes i would definitely say something.

Ohbehave

ohbehave

Answer by ohbehave at 1:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• In California it is against the law to smoke with a minor in the vehicle. :)

Soo, yes. if I see it I will inform them that not only are they breaking the law, but they are jeopardizing the childs life.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Like anon said about her own child. That is the only way Id say somehting to someone. I am a smoker but have never smoked in my car with my dd. I would def say soemthing to someone if they were smoking with my kid inthe car. If I dont do it then neither should they. Thats the only reason Id say something to someone
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I wouldn't say anything, but I'd probably shoot them an "eat-crap-and-die" look. I am a smoker, but I've never smoked in my house or car. That's what the great outdoors are for!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:10 PM on Nov. 15, 2008