what helps to stop face from breaking out?

I am 27 and I have used every face cleaner available at our local stores..my face is very sensitive and I wash it every night before bed but I just cant seem to stop it from breaking out...any suggestions?

kdm077

Asked by kdm077 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I find that different types of water react differently with facewashes. I love Walmarts brand of the Oil Of Olay wash clothes, Biore Ice Cleansing, and Nuetrogena.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i have no idea i am 32 and i always get one big zit on my forehead so when u find out let me know here is a bump
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Do you wear make-up? I did and usually had at least 10 pimples on my face at any given time. I stopped wearing it so much (only maybe once a week, if that) and I've noticed a big change. I also don't use a cleanser, I actually use rubbing alcohol. I just find it cleans my skin best and even though it may sound harsh, it works for me. I recently bought a hazelwood necklace (that I just got today!!) that is supposed to help as well - I can't wait to see the results. And something else that I know works (I used to do it until we switched to organic eggs and now it's too expensive to waste them) is an egg mask. Just crack open the egg and separate the yolk and the white, toss the white and spread the yolk all over. Set for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water and a cloth.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 11:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• ive never tried the egg mask..may have to do that! thanks for all the input!
    kdm077

Comment by kdm077 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I forgot to add that you should do it every day until it clears up, then a few times a week, then once a week, and eventually just whenever you can remember.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I am 25 and get break outs still if I don't take care of my face. I have some scarring from YEARS of picking my zits. What I started doing is washing my face with Neutrogena face wash for breakouts that's made for adults. It's in a blue bottle with a pump on top. And using wal marts brand of astringent for sensitive skin with the sylicilic acid (or whatever it is) it's blue. And I use the st. ive's apricot scrub about every other day (it makes my face feel cleaner and smoother). I started seeing results with this but what REALLY started giving me results was when I started moisturizing my face with a nighttime moisturizer every night and putting moisturizer on my face before make up. Even if you have break outs, it doesnt mean you're too oily for moisturizer. Sometimes dryness causes the breakouts. It works wonders for me. If I skip a night though, a day or two later, I have a few zits so do this EVERY NIGHT.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 12:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• huntin_mama what type of moisturizer to you use..i havent found one i liked yet they are either to sticky or smell bad! and thanks for all the help to everyone!
    kdm077

Comment by kdm077 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I use lain old noxzema (they also have a sentisitve formula) My grandmother swore by oil of olay.
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sorry so long to respond. I use wal mart's brand Equate Night Time Firming Cream. Comes in 2 oz jar. White plastic jar with black lid. Took some looking to find it. But it says to compare it to Night of Olay Firming Cream. During the day I use St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer but I love all St. Ives products so any would prob do good.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:58 PM on Feb. 5, 2011