this is what is wrong with the world !!!

My husband has a niece who is horrible. Lives off of welfare, she will get a job and use her first paycheck for whatever she wants to buy herself and then quits. she has 3 children ( she gave her first up for adoption) ... She has an 8 year old boy and a 6 year old boy that lives with her.

Last year they were taken away from her because the neighbor called the cops when she seen them playing out int he middle of the road at 9am, in the snow, without coats or shoes on .......when the cops went to the house their mother was asleep on the floor ( very classy) .

Of course a month later she got them back

a few months after that we get a phone call because her oldest son got into his ADD medicine and took the whole bottle, that had to Life-Flight him to the hospital and he had to stay for a week... She couldnt tell the cops exactly what happened but guess what, he still went home with her.

A couple weeks ago, her youngest stayed home from school and she was suppose to be watching her 3 year old nephew as well ( not sure why anyone would leave their child with her but they did.... At 2pm someone ( no one know who this person was or why they walked into their house) ... but someone walked into her house and found the 2 boys laying on the floor... they had both gotten into her medicine ( no one knows where she was or what she was doing) ..... her son died and they were able to bring him back 4 TIMES !!! on the way to the hospital, both boys spent over a week in PICU ....

But guess what.... she still has both of her kids and no charges have been pressed....

This makes me SOOOOO ANGRY !!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• So why don't you do something about it? Why don't you take the kids in?
    Anonymous

• OMFG! That is ridiculous. I would fight for those kids.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• WTH! Why doesn't her family step in! Why, after ALL this isn't the red flag waving? And the idiot (sorry) that left their 3 year old nephew there, obviously knowing how she is should be looked at as well! This really pisses me off that these poor children have no one to come to their aid!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• i agree with the other ladies i would have to personally snatch her up and smack some sense into her then continuously call cps until something is done
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Someone needs to fight for those kids. They cannot fight for themselves. I would be doing anything and everything to get those kids out of there and to keep them safe. Your family needs to step in.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• First of all rude anon ..... we have tried to get both of her boys, but of course if anyone found out she didnt have them she wouldnt get as much assistance.

My husbands sister ( the girls mother ) is basically disowned, my inlaws only hear from her when she needs money or when something like this happens.... There is 5 of them ( grown kids who all have their own kids) and they all live in a built on trailor that has plywood floors and walls with large holes in them, none of them have jobs, and all have had their kids taken away at some point or another ( and of course they were given back) ... They constantly fight but of course they still flock together because ignorant people have to stick together.

I personally have called CPS on the over 10 times. My MIL has called CPS and the cops on them so many times we cant count, and has offered to raise all of the kids, but wasnt "aloud" to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Start recording incidents. Keep track of all that happens and write it down with dates and times. Continue to call cps. Sometimes it takes them a while to actually step in, but they will. If you have to, get a lawyer. I am glad to hear that you are trying. That is such a sad situation. I will keep your family in my prayers.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• For the life of me, I can't understand why she keeps getting the kids back. What a messed up system!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• This is such a tragedy, I'm sorry you're having no luck in getting help. Keep vigilant though and try to keep your eyes on the situation. My heart breaks for these kids as I know it does you too.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She sounds like she cares more for herself than her own children. Which is very sad. Someone else needs to get custody of the kids before something else happens. I would be trying to find out why she keeps getting them back considering all that has happened thus far. Someone could walk into her home and kidnap them. Is she not aware of what goes on in the world today? People like this don't need kids. They need to be on birth control indefinitely.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011