what's the worst diaper bag blunder you ever made?

me = threw in antibacterial cleaning wipes instead of diaper wipes. Luckily I noticed but I had to spit on my babies crotch and then use the spare onesie I packed as a wiper (bad newborn poop, had no real choice)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just the other day I had my left over lunch with a ranch cup in the diaper bag. The ranch spilled into it and I didn't know it till 2 days later. It smelled awful!!!
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2011

• LOL I'm not sure if I had any experiences quite like that, but I did have my post partum pads and some other things of mine in there once and while we were walking through Walmart getting groceries, I reached in the bag to get something for DD and it fell over and spilled my pads and my hemorrhoid cream across the floor in front of like 100 people... I started carrying a purse AND the diaper bag after that.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Going for a well baby visit to the doc and forgetting it completely!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• Remembering everything but diapers.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2011

• sorry I couldn't help but laugh.....your seriously one hard core mama! lol I don't know if I would have spit on my baby's crotch lol

my worst was not having diapers or wipes...I was in such a hurry I didn't even check to see if they were there....just grabbed and went!
    Anonymous

• I forgot my son's gas medicine when we were going to stay with my SO's family who live in BFE. That trip was completely horrible. I had a 3 month old baby who screamed at me the entire time.
    October_Rayne

Answer by October_Rayne at 12:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• anon: we were in a grocery store bathroom and it was newborn poop so toilet paper wasn't gonna do much but tear. I could've left the stall and gone to the sink and gotten a wad of wet paper towels but then my choices would've been bring my FILTHY nude baby out with me and get poop all over the floor and myself. VS leaving baby there on the changing table alone.... I did consider dipping the onesie or maybe a wad of T.P. into the toilet water. But my spit seemed less cringe-worthy at the time. I even briefly considered heyyy how harmful could a disinfecting wipe really be? LOL. I lost my dignity AND a perfectly good onesie in that bathroom stall. but I gained the knowledge to double check a bag before leaving the house.
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jan. 31, 2011