Weird question about eyes

ok so I am preggers and my husband looked at me this morning and said why are the whites of your eyes yellow? I was wondering if this might be a pregnancy thing and if anyone else has had this. what it is. I didn't have it with my first one so I am kinda unsure. Thanks for any help ladies

Moe727

Asked by Moe727 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when anything on your body turns yellow its usually an idication of a liver problem. I would call the dr if it doesnt go away
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• What Steph said is exactly right, although I would not wait and see if it goes away. If you wait too long and there is indeed a problem it can get pretty serious. Please call your doctor.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:47 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Def call your doc asap. Usually when your eyes turn yellow it's because you have jaundice.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Usually Jaundice or Liver failure which if left untreated can turn to Kidney failure. Regardless please get seen.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My mom's did that only because she had hep c
    Anonymous

• I would seriously call the doctor...do not be worried as of yet..these answers would scare the heck outt of me,

but listen..it could be that your low on your iron,...

so give them a call..
    im sure ...they have taken your blood hon..and they would have found somthing wrong with the liver..
    you could have high blood pressure...
    it can cause liver problems
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Just because they have taken your blood for your prenatal blood work does NOT mean they would have found something wrong with your liver, if that is not what they were testing for (and routine prenatal blood work does not include testing for liver function FYI) So Please do not listen to that, as it is a false statement.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008