My baby boys 1st birthday...Any party ideas?

I have no idea .....nor i've been to any children or baby b;day party before. would a place like funplex be too early to have a bday party since my baby does not have any idea of the games and all that they have to offer......

his bday is Dec 11th ...there are neighbours kids all diff age groups.... would it be better to have it at home? but i live in a 2 bedroom apt in NJ and it will be difficult to accomodate so many ppl in the apt.

Also what to add in the goody bags? Any games to include to cheer up the party ?

Me and my husband have been deciding this for a long time now and still did not come to a conclusion......

I would love ur suggestions . Thanks a lot

sony9

Asked by sony9 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• truthfully.... the first b'day is strictly for your enjoyment. no one really remembers their first b'days or get disappointed if all doesn't go "perfectly"
    many ppl i know just have a small family party and leave the hassel to later years. that's probably what we willdo... mainly just family & a couple close friends.
    also another recommendation..... when ppl ask what to buy as a gift, we are just gonna ask them to deposit $ for her savings acct... she could care less if she gets an empty box and she really won't NEED anything.... so we figure $ in savings at this age is better than a bunch of toys that will only occupy her for a couple months. (we are also asking the same thing for Christmas this year).
    a.butler

Answer by a.butler at 2:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Well what i did was have some close friends come over. we had a cupcake cake, in the shape of a number 1, some finger foods, since the party was between lunch and dinner time. i got a couple of things, with the number 1 on them, like cups, plates and napkins. i got a little banner saying "happy first birthday" and that was about it. everyone just hung out inside, since it was freezing outside, my son got a blow up ball pit as a present (wal-mart, $20) and the kids played in that the whole time.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• SInce the baby is too young to interact with other kids really, why not just have your favorite people over to your place for cake? You can give the baby a piece and take some fun pictures....and that will be the highlight of the event for everyone. In future years as he gets older you can have parties at funplexes and things like that!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If you want to have a big party and don't mind the expense...I say go for a party at funplex or Chucky cheese. No your one year old won't remeber, but he'll get excited by all the lights, colors, and sounds and you won't have to personally entertain a bunch of kids. For goodie bags....some candy, stickers, small toys (like bouncy balls, or noise makers)....If you are going to have a lot of younger kids too, I might make their bags different to accomodate their age (finger puppets, teething rings, rattles, etc)
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I had my son's party at a playground-that entertained all of the children.I had a "Little Sluggers 1st Birthday" baseball themed party.I ordered everything from Birthday Express on the internet.For food I had baseball themed foods: pigs in a blanket served as the hotdogs, popcorn in the buckets you get at a park, cheese puffs, chips & dip, & cupcakes decorated as baseballs.For the favors I went online to Oriental Trading & ordered the baseball favor bags w/everything in it.I think they had "medals," notepads, stickers, etc. I bought a few more sport themed items & gave them out.I brought his highchair & got him a mini baseball cake to eat & play in (you have to do that - it is tradition).Take pictures of that-it is funny.We had balloons out & a I got him a Happy Birthday banner from Lillian Vernon online & hung it on the fence.He can use that every year now since I did not put his age on it.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 1:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• what about a pajama party that will be really cute let the children and parents join in also
    mommydmcj

Answer by mommydmcj at 11:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008