ok so im 18 and just had a baby in sept. and i had sex on halloween night and i went to the doct. in nov. but she didnt check to see if i was pregnante and i still havent started my period......

which is very disturbing.....i dont kno what to tell my mom. i am usually honest with her. but i dont want her to kick me out. i have no idea what to do any more! but my boyfriend did not come in me. so is it possible that i am pregnante? and is it a bad thing that i put my birthcontrol in on Nov. 11 . is that bad?

erica4569

Asked by erica4569 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why not do a pregnancy test? Or go back to the doctor? It is possible to go months without getting your period after you have a baby, but if you don't want to get pregnant again you still do have to use birth control of some kind anyway because you can get pregnant BEFORE you ever do get your period. And you mentioned birth control....what kind are you talking about because if it is anything that uses hormones it could be a problem if you are pregnant....so maybe you shoud talk to your mom and she can help you sort this all out.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:25 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It is possible to be pregnant, it is everytime you have sex whether he goes in you or not.

However, it took me 1 1/2 months to get my normal period back.

Also, you are not supposed to start birth control until after your first normal period unless otherwise instructed by your doctor...but since you already have I suppose that when your 3 weeks are up and you are off of it for a week you should get a normal period.

If you don't get one at that time, then I would ask your doctor about it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Are you on any type of birth control? Did you use condoms? DId he pull out? Let me just tell you, condoms dont work 100% of the time & the pull out method is just stupid. lol Trust me, when I was 18 I was dumb enough to think it'd work, thats how I got my son. If your really concerned with it go to the doctor...
    ElijahsMommy58

Answer by ElijahsMommy58 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If you're nursing, it takes alot longer to get your peroid after giving birth. I didn't have one for about a year after I had my son. I would think that if you just had your child in Sept, it's still too early to get preggo again.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:45 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i would take a pregnancy test to ease your mind for yourself , even if your b/f pulled out just before ejaculation there is a possibilty that some could have leaked just before . Its better to be safe and check for yourself , dont worry about your mum she was young once and knows silly mistakes can be made ,she will only be mad b/c she is worried and cares for you .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• stop taking birth control or if u have an IUD, take it out till ur first period other wise it will mess things up, just do it, lol lol. It will be better too if ur pregnant
    Anonymous