So if my electricty goes out and I'm unable to use my heater....

Can I just turn on my gas oven for heat?......
Just a thought since that storm is on it's way....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Not reccomended but you have to do what you have to do.

You would be better off putting pots with water on the stove and boiling them though.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Be very careful turning on your gas stove, me personally, I wouldn't. Heard too many sad stories of families dying from the fumes. Bundle up extra warm, everyone curl up together in bed under warm blankets. I'll be thinking of you guys and pray it won't be as bad as they say it is.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree boil pots of water section off the house with blankets stay extra bundled
    MrsWeathers

Answer by MrsWeathers at 12:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, but it's not a good thing to do. We used to do it just long enough to dress the kids.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Kathy has a point DO NOT do it while sleeping if you do take that road!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't think that would be a great idea. I would only do it when you are awake. I think it would be very bad if you left it on while sleeping.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• growing up as a child my dad had to do this to keep us warm all winter every winter. Probably not the best route, but you gotta do what you gotta do to stay warm.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2011