Is it true that somewhere in japan they only allow u to have one child, if u have more than one child they'll kill the extra one's?

i heard something like that, imagine if that would of existed here in the US what would u do? they should do that in africa so the kids can stop sufferring out of hunger and aids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think that some form of population control should be in place, although I think that killing a child that is "not needed" is a tad extreme.

Anyone here watch StarShip Troopers? (Don't you dare laugh at me! lol) You know how they have to have a license to have kids? Something along those lines I think is a great idea!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I've heard the same thing, but when I heard it, it was about China... so I'm not sure if it's exactly true or not.

Agreed. Some people should be required to have a license to have kids before they're allowed to, lol.
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 2:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It was China I believe and that would never happen here because there are to many people that would raise hell. I don't know how I feel about saying there should be population control but that family in AR with 18 kids. Yeah that is a little nuts what the hell are you thinking at that point?
    Mudfishzgirl

Answer by Mudfishzgirl at 2:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Answered at 1:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 by: Mudfishzgirl
    It was China I believe and that would never happen here because there are to many people that would raise hell. I don't know how I feel about saying there should be population control but that family in AR with 18 kids. Yeah that is a little nuts what the hell are you thinking at that point?

Yeah i think it was China..as for the family with the 18 kids, i believe they were thinking that they wanted a big family. i wouldn't be able to do it myself, but i don't think they're nuts. if they can live like that, then more power to them!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yup its true,
    normally they will do a forced abortion and if that doesn't work then they kill the baby. there was a news story about a family who hid the baby and the government found out and drowned the baby. the ones who make it to an orphanage are lucky
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 2:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It was China. The only exceptions were farmers.

They didn't kill the other babies. However, there were heavy fines placed for having more children.

What is ironic is that, because of Chinese culture, couples were only choosing to keep babies if they were male. (Male children take care of their parents in old age but women take care of the inlaws. There are no social programs to support them). That is why China has so many baby girls that are adopted to foreign families. It is basically dooming yourself to poverty in your old age to have a girl.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The family in AR decided to "leave it up to god on how many children they will have" No BC at all. Sorry I was bored one night and watched a marathon. lol. I think its rediculous but who am I to judge.
    Anyway it is China, they are only aloud one child, then they get fixed or something. China is really crouded and is not a democracy so the general population dont make the decisions. If they do have more they can go to jail and the child goes for adoption, hence all the adoptions from china.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 9:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 by: jcsscfam5

Me--> and I have read that this practice has led to rampant wife abductions. There are so few young women to go around these days that young Chinese men are kidnapping women to take home as their wives. Twisted. I think this is what the military would call "blowback"--unintended negative consequences.
    yakamoz

Answer by yakamoz at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It's China. Scary what happens when reproductive choice is handed over to the Government, isn't it? Don't you think it's better for each family to be able to CHOOSE when to have kids and how many to have?

Being pro-choice is about more than the right to have an abortion. It's also about the right to have a child. I think China's law is disgusting, as is your suggestion that the same law should be enacted in Africa. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 3:09 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I have heard that myself . Its a hard call to make isnt it . I can understand what you say about africa but if they were able to give the women the injection or someother form of contraception that would be better ,but the african men (well like most ) dont like the feel of condoms and the women are not treated like western women by their husbands , they are to do as they are told ,its not for a man to be understanding of the woman not wanting to have sex for fear of having more kids I dont know what the answer is but certainly not killing children .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 15, 2008