Did anybody else ever think this?

Right after giving birth did anybody else ever think " That was fun! Let's do it again!" lol. I can't handle two babies at once so I'm not ready for my next yet but I can't wait for it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• umm cant say i thought that right after deliever and i dont know that i thought it was FUN persay but its worth it and yeah i did want to do it again hence the reason im pregnant again lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Lol not me! It took me about a full year before I could even think about being willing to go through that again!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Not me. My bf said something about having another when I was still in the hospital and I almost slapped him. lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I definitley wanted to have another baby, the birth was just part of that. I wasn't really itching to go through the birth experience again, but I wanted to have another one shortly after the first, so we did :)
    lipstickclouds

Answer by lipstickclouds at 2:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• NO! Being a mom of 7 (#8 on the way), I can honestly say that I NEVER had thoughts like that right after giving birth. And the fact that I do unmedicated births doesn't have anything to do with it either. Babies are a lot of work, and the thought of having two close together does not appeal to me. I have a friend who got pg 4 wks after giving birth. I could not imagine! It usually takes about a year before I'm feeling those "I want another" feelings.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 3:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Not really. I mean, I am one of those women that LOVES being pregnant!! If I could be pregant all the time, I would be. But, then it results in more children and I don't want that. I have two and that's all I can handle at the moment.
    Anonymous

• Yep ! Our just-born son was on my chest cradled in my hands, gazing calmly about him with eyes that seemed to fill the room with light. As my husband bent close to look into his face, the first thing I said was, "I want another one !"
    I think that birth is an entry FROM the other world just as death is a return TO it, and that a mother receives a glimpse of it during the arrival. The feeling of wanting another may be a result of briefly touching another soul who is waiting in the wings for his/her turn to come. Our second son DID get conceived 9 months later. At his birth I had no wish for another. Then when he was 7, I fiercely wanted another, and she was born a year later. (None of them was a planned pregnancy)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• OH, and I should mention that I think it is a GOOD thing, a GREAT thing to wait 3 years between children so that your toddler gets all the attention and support he/she needs, and so that your body gives full nourishment to a new baby.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:23 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• the mind truly does forget how much pain we may have had at the time of delivery or we would never have but one child.. lol i remember but a vague memory of pain does not over ride the intense want of another child to love..
    Fine_Again

Answer by Fine_Again at 6:18 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I didn't want another, I'm a wuss when it comes to pain so I actually slapped my husband when he said 'let's have another' but I plan to have another when my first is about 5yrs.
    Momma_kuatty

Answer by Momma_kuatty at 6:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008