When are you suppose to start leaking?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant (33 wks. on Monday) and I was laying down talking to my sis and I felt my bra wet. I checked and I was leaking. Is this normal? When does it normally start? This is my first baby so I wouldn't know. I was planning on getting the nursing pads after the baby, what would you suggest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would get some nursing pads :)

I started leaking probably a few weeks before you did. No worries, its normal!!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I'm 23 weeks and I'm noticing spots on my bra from leaking. I also breastfed with my DS, so I could be starting earlier because of that. It's normal.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 2:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yeah, my bf noticed I was leaking at a bad time around 30 wks so dont feel bad
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 2:51 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It's normal to start that early...and it will only get more frequent the closer you get to having your baby. I would definitely recommend having some protection on hand. Rather than nursing pads though (which are very expensive and you don't need that much protection yet), I suggest using unscented pantiliners for now...cut one in half and stick each half on the insides of your bra cups. Works great and they're cheap!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I'm 37 weeks almost 38 and I haven't started to leak yet...is this normal?
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 3:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes it's also normal to not have any leakage until your baby is born. Some women start producing earlier than others, but the important thing is that your milk will come in by the time your baby needs it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• looks like you will have a good milk supply , with my first I started leaking around the same time,my first time was quite embarassing ,it was whilst I was sat at a dinner table on christmas day with my friends family .Its different for everywoman , I have had four kiddies and stopped breastfeeding 1.5 yrs ago and still have some milk in my boobs ,thats a whole other story lol.
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes, that's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. I liked one of the poster's ideas about using the panty liners.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 3:13 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I started when I was 7 months pregnant so I would say your ok. you should try washable they are cheaper than disposeable.
    Momma_kuatty

Answer by Momma_kuatty at 6:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008