Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can't find my kids' SS cards...

how can i file taxes without them? I had them, but misplaced them. we moved, and for some reason they're not where i normally would keep them. can, say, their doctors office give me official papers?


Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • Funny for my to see this post up... I had that same problem to day... See I fill with Turbo Tax freedom for Military people,,, BTW greatest way to get taxes quick and easy. On the SS Card thing ask your mother... they tend to keep copies... if not usually the children are in your last years return and the full SSN is in there... if you need any help hun let me know


    Answer by lynn.cox22 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • If you can find the numbers at all, just go to the Social Security Building and they will give you a temporary print out until the new ones come in the mail.

    Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • You don't need there actual cards to file taxes just their numbers for the forms if you have that you will be fine!

    Answer by Charis76 at 12:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • You should have their social security numbers on last year's return

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • ok thanks ladies, i was under the impression i had to have the actual cards with me, not just the numbers.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • No, you don't need the cards for tax purposes but you will need them in the future when the kids start their first jobs. Contact the Social Security Administration for new cards.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

  • All u hv to do is remember their numbers...

    Answer by smiley745 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

Next question in Money & Work
do i file taxes?

Next question overall (Crazy for Credits)