Hair coloring.....

What do you think is the best home coloring or highlighting kit?? I am looking for something good that works and really dont want to go back to the salon. Also how blonde is to blonde for you, even if you are not a blonde and you see someone on the street, store, etc.??

AmI88

Asked by AmI88 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• matrix i think is the best, and i think any blonde that looks yellow or white is disgusting.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Would you know where I can get Matrix and can I get it outside the salon?? I can't stand yellow or white as well, looking for a nice beige blonde or a shade lighter maybe....
    AmI88

Comment by AmI88 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• go to Sally beauty supply, and ask them. I usually get a qt of devoper and some bleach powder, mix it per instructions, and put it on! Or if you want to start with a frost and then move down the line to total blond get a cap and hook and have someone help you pull the hair through and put the goop on. after you remove the color, then you get a bottle of the color you want on it and mix that up with the developer, and put it on the bleached out hair. Make sure you get two bottles of color, in case you have long hair, or very thick hair. If you want it to look natural, put the color on your whole head, wont make much difference on the dark hair, but the light hair will take the color and it can be real pretty. Like I said, that's how I do it, and it's a lot cheaper than the kits. That qt. of developer will last you a long time, so you can color your hair often. I will say the bleach will make it feel like straw. Condition!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• If I have to buy it, I usually go to Sally's and talk to them. They are very helpful in making sure you get what you want.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree, go to Sally's their choices cost less than the grocery or drug stores , the color is nicer and last longer
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011