miscarriage.

my sister had a miscarriage in jan 2010 now she is pregnant again, what are the chances and risks of her having a miscarriage or complications with this one?

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 12:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• After one loss your risk is not considered any higher for miscarriage. Most docs won't even do testing until you have had three losses.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i have had three miscarriages one before my eldest dd and i was about 3 month and had to have a d and c...got preggo with dd shortly after the dr gave me progesterone....5 years later i got preggo and started bleeding a couple days after i found out and had a miscarriage...a couple months later got preggo again and lost the baby the same night i found out i was preggo (asked docs for progestrone but said there was no need) about 4 months later i got preggo with middle dd everything went fine...9 months after she was born i got preggo with youngest dd....I think it all depends on the women....I have also read in pregnancy mags and such that alot of women miscarry without even knowing they were preggo to begin with...I guess what I am trying to say is all you can really do is pray and hope for the best...God only gives us what we need right?
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The chances aren't any greater.. probably just going to monitor pregnancy a bit more
    Blanca J.

Answer by Blanca J. at 12:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would say they are just the same as any other pregnancy if she hasn't had any other miscarriages.
    I had a miscarriage in May 2009 and we pregnant by November 2009 and had a completely uneventful pregnancy and now have a wonderful 6mo. I had 4 normal pregnancies before the miscarriage and 1 after (miscarried at 12 weeks just out of the blue).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011