Is this what America has become?

Three Mexican men who were wanted for the murder of an American teenager have turned themselves in at an Arizona border crossing point, Reuters reports. U.S. officers tell Reuters that Orel Vasquez, 20, Christian Vasquez, 26, and Juan Leon, 29, turned themselves in Saturday for the 2009 murder of 15-year-old Brenda Arenas of Tucson. Arenas was shot in the head during a botched carjacking and died in her mother's arms. The U.S. Customs and Borders Protection agency took the three into custody. All three men were in the U.S. illegally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Geez it isnt about hating "Mexicans" (which btw is really an offensive term on its own). I am HISPANIC and my grandparents managed to come here legally. They also managed not to kill anyone while they were alive. They also managed to raise responsible children and help with their grandchildren. They managed to work. They managed to build their own home. They managed to fight for this country during WW2 and my grandfather managed to get his citizenship.
    This is about ILLEGAL ALIENS who have no reason NOT to break the law. They have already broken it by coming here. This is about a senseless murder. This is something that MAY have been prevents if our PAID for INS workers did their jobs more effectively.

Answer by gemgem at 8:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Anon, how on earth you equate wanting criminals to pay for their crimes with hating Mexicans boggles my mind. I don't hate anyone, but I DO want illegals tossed out of the US and kept out ~ and I want that just as much as I want real justice (instead of this pat the perp on the back crap) for all victims of crime in this country.

We have laws. Illegals are breaking them (just by entering the US) just as much as any citizen that breaks them. Excusing them beCAUSE they are Mexican is a crock of smelly brown stuff. Every single illegal is a criminal, just because they are here. If 'you' have no respect of love for the US and it's laws, just say so ~ but don't accuse those who do of hating Mexicans because that is simply not true.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• So I will tell you what America is becoming. It is becoming a Nation of finger pointers that scream is this what America is becoming. It is becoming a nation that is fractured, because so many people want to blame everything on “illegals” yet few people fail to ask why was this beautiful little girl’s murder not on national – even global media? Why when she is murdered hush hush, so few people even know about it. And slain to “minutemen” whites on a rampage?
    I am a white woman born and raised in Arizona and I say there is a lot more hate crimes done to them than we have had done to us. Why isn’t that in the media? Why aren’t you asking is “this what America is coming to” a nation that hides when sins are committed to them, but is up in arms when it happens to us?
    This is a big issue so if you’re going to try to wrap your mind around it get all the facts. It not a brown and white issue.
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It happens all over. Not just the mexican border. I do think we need better border control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• How terrible, until something is done about illegals, I fear this situation will only get worse.
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• angryRIDICULOUS!!

We need better boarder control...NOW!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Another little 9 year old girl was killed…so was her father. She did not get to die in her mother’s arms because her body was projected across the room after being shot in the face at point blank range. She was pleading with the man not to shot her and asking him why he just killed her father. Her mother laid there next to her dead husband playing dead hoping that “they” would not shoot her again. I have two links below to show the very little media (local) coverage this received and the 911 call of the mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA5vjnbF5uY&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_bBL6HfAUY&feature=related

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My love, prayers and thoughts go out to both of the girls. RIP.
    When will we stop killing our children?
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sad...there are alot of car accidents involving illegals too and they flee the scene with no way to find them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yea, because Americans never car jack and kill anyone....

What has America become when you see OUR murder rate?? Our CRIME, DRUGS and CORRUPTION.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011