New mommy here with some questions

Is it normal for a newborn to have bowl movements like twice an hr. Also is it suppose to be a watery green, sweet smelling poop? My daughter is 9 days old. Is on formula but poops so much lol. Another question ive noticed today that she has green boogery dishcarge in the corner of her eyes. Not alot. She goes to the doctor on monday, poor thing developed what they think is a yeast infection. Sorry for all the questions but thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm not sure about the eye thing, bu yes for the first 6 weeks your baby will poop all the time especially if on formula because there's more waste in it. It will be runny because if nothing soldi goes in, not much solid goes out. Unless it's diarrhea, or seems to bother her, don't worry about color or consistancy. Good luck at the appointment.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 3:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The eye thing is normal, my son had it, you should have got some cream stuff to put on her eyelids, you can get more at the doctors office.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 3:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The eye thing is totally normal..my daughter is now 5 months old and it just went away. Massage the corner of the eye with a warm watered washcloth. Make sure to pull the goo away from the eye. The doctor said when I went that it can even take up to a year to go away so no worries that tear duct is just probably not opened yet .
    tinytea

Answer by tinytea at 4:39 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• It probably isn't a yeast infection.. If she has a thick discharge, it's normal- it's due to hormones.. If it's white down in the flaps, again, normal, just wipe it.. Although, to be fair, I've never in my life seen a yeast infection, so I could be wrong.. But my girls have both gotten white build up in their flaps, and it's never been due to an infection..

As for the poop- normal..

The eyes, again, sounds normal.. You probably still have breast milk, being that she's only a few days old- just squirt some in her eyes, it'll clear it right up..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:03 PM on Nov. 15, 2008