I think this is weird.......

My mother, when she smokes her cigarettes, she bites off the filter on the end. Then she winds up wasting half of it because she has to have something to hold on too. What would be the difference in how it affects your body first hand and second hand. Do you know of anybody else who does this?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• well from the new reports its harmful regardless of how much filter is on it filters just determine the taste thats y they dont say lights no more but now say golds bc people thought they were healthier...therefore i am pretty sure it effects yoru body the same as any other cigarette...I use to pull the filter out tear a piece off and put it back i to make my cig stronger
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't know anyone who does this, but maybe she should roll her own. I know smokers who say buying the paper and loose tobacco is cheaper anyhow.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't know anyone who does it, either, but she should definitely look into rolling her own because it's way cheaper that way. I think around here you can get the tobacco, papers, a roller (if you don't want to do it by hand), and filters for like $10. That's a roller that will last for a looong time, enough filters for like a carton of cigarettes and enough papers and tobacco for about a pack and a half.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2011