• In the Spotlight:

to cheesy ?

We just bought a new home - the home we plan on living in until we cannot walk up the stairs anymore lol...

So it is a new house but made to look "vintage" ( 194o-ish) ... so our style is kind of country-cottage-vintage lol .

Anyways, I have worked hard on every detail of decorating it.... I have decided that on the wall going up the stairs ( that you can see when you walk in and from the living room ) I want to do WallWords ( the vinyl lettering ) so that way I dont have to worry about the kids knocking things off the wall when running down the stairs ( my mom always tried to have a photoframe collage on the stiar-wall in the house I grew up in and I cant remember how many times the frames would get knocked down when people would hurry down the stairs) ....

So it will be in black cursive writing and I know how I want it to look I just cant decide on what it should say, here are the ideas - I just want the one that sounds the least-cheesiest .

1. A house is built with boards and beams, a home is built with love and dreams.

2. Having a Place to go is Home
Having Someone to Love is Family
Having Both is a Blessing

3. It's good to be home ... ( i love this one but I actually think it is too short for a large wall... do you think it would look weird in LARGE font, otherwise I might just print it up and put it in a frame and set it out)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i really really like the first one i have live laugh love in my bedroom and in smaller print under it says something along the lines live for today laugh at tomorrow and love like you havent been loved before
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Depends really on how big the font is and how overwhelming you want this statement to be. For my taste, the simpler the better but maybe for you, the bigger the better. As long as your heart is in it, it'll be great. And congrats on the new (old) place!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yeah ithink #1 is my fav too....

in my kitchen I have ( behind my range) Happiness is Homemade
    and in my bedroom I have All because two people fell in love and then in 3 smaller frames underneath I have pictures of my kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i like the first one :)
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agree, the first one isn't too long to read (like the second) but is still long enough for a wall. I think it is super cute and not cheesey at all!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• #1 cute idea and not cheesy.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I also like the first one! I have a plaque that says that. But I think all 3 are nice, and not at all cheesy!

BTW, congrats on the new home! I know this has to be an exciting time for you and your family!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2011