Why do you think people like to get high or drunk?

When I was younger I did it to blend in but once I got some sense I decided to be clean besides I always felt too paranoid. I never did understand the purpose of being high...hmm?
Can someone please elaborate?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Health

• i smoked when i was younger i guess bc everyone else did...quit for awhile started up again quit again idk now it makes me paranoid as hell dont even wanna smell it...as far as drinking as an x drinker guess i liked the buzz i really dont know
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Honestly, I think people in adulthood, do it to escape responsibility, consequences, emotions, etc. Its a good way to not have to deal with life.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I believe different people do it for different reasons. Some do it to go with the crowd while others do it to get away from their so called (or maybe it really is) horrible life. I am sure there are other reasons but those are probably the more popular ones...
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• its also a good way to loss everything u have
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Oh and sometimes to have "fun" of course.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 2:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my so said he does it because of pain he has cp and doesnt like taking meds
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 2:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I sincerely think it depends on the person. I won't lie, if it wasn't illegal I would probably smoke pot - like a hit a day. I go 100 miles an hour all day every day, and then I sit up until 11 pm because I can't sleep. A single hit of pot slows me down just enough to relax and fall asleep at a decent hour, but still be able to wake up the next morning, no problem and without a hangover feeling. BUT I could never risk getting in trouble now that I have a little one to think about, soooo no pot for me! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't drink to get drunk ever, and not at all now because I 'm pregnant, but prior to that it was nice to go out with other adults and get a little buzz and have fun. Don't do it in front of DD and I always make DH drive though, lol.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 2:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Boredom. Stress. Unhappiness. Immaturity. Not in all cases, of course..but I wouldn't doubt it for most.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i never did any of it i think its stupid
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 10:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2011