Anyone know if bleach on a white countertop?

Tonight i was writing a note to leave on the table for my dads gf and was using permanent marker while writing on a paper towel ( didn`t have any scratch paper.) when i lifted the note up i saw the marker had leaked through. I searched the house top to bottom and found some bleach. poured it on a paper towel and wiped the stain off. now mind you there is some stains from it being old and my dad smoking.i stared at the spot for a while and tried to see if i could tell it had even been there but i can see some spots where i wiped with bleach. not sure though if thats because of the cigarette yellowing or not though. thanks!

april15778

Asked by april15778 at 2:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• bleach can yellow.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My mother used bleach on her white laminate counter tops for YEARS with out it yellowing, but she also wiped the bleached surface with vinegar to cut the slickness that the bleach left.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• A lot of permanent markers come off smooth surfaces with nail polish remover (acetone).
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011