Do second babies generally come earlier?

This is my second pregnancy and I have had sooo many intense BH contractions through the whole thing. They are to the point where now (at 8 months) I can't even breathe at night when I go to bed. My question is - are they doing anything; is there any chance of this baby coming a little earlier? (My last waited until 41 weeks.) Or is this just a lot of discomfort I have to put up with because I had 2 pregnancies close together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think second babies generally come earlier. MY first was born 1 day after her due date, and my next 2 were born at 41 wks. My fourth came 16 days afer his EDD! There doesn't seem to be any way to tell when they will come, even with the intense BH, which I always had. I thought for sure #7 might make it before 40 wks, but nope. Hang in there! It will be over with soon. I hope your labor and delivery go well.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 3:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• If they are that intence i would go check with a doctor just to make sure they arnt real contractions. And your not dialating and in actual labor.
    If your not, then you have some heavy BH girl!!!
    Your 8 months, you dont got that long, hang in there!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 3:24 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Thanks guys....I don't figure there's any hope of this baby coming early, but...I'm just trying to make myself feel better. Haha! The doc is probably going to do an exam on Tuesday so I guess I'll find out if these contractions have been doing anything!
    Anonymous

• NOPE. My first came at 35wks and my second at 38wks
    Anonymous