Is this normal for a 21 month old ?

Ok ive been worried about my daughter all today the reason for that is cus shes been sleeping all day she only woke up about once or twice to eat and drink something and she was just picking at her food the whole time she ate very little and drank very little also and she has been very cranky today when i would wake her up cus she just slept to much she fell sleep around 9 and i just woke her up again so she can eat and drink something again now shes eating and drinking everything .did anyone go through this with there toddler .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 3:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it could just be a growth sprurt, my son was that way but if it goes on for more than a few days i would be worried.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 3:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• no. Does she have a fever or feeling ill, how long has this been going on? is this abnormal for her? I would consult her pedi. or possibly call one of 24 hr. nurse hotlines (if it is after pedi. hours where u live) and ask a nurse about it just to be safe. or simply take her to the ER if u would rather, depends on thew type of mom u r.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• one of the 24hr.
    depends on the type
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No she is not sick or feeling sick its only been going on for 1 day i already called a 24 hr hotline they said it was normal for her age but i just wanted to get a second opinion
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• sounds like shes sick poor baby...has she been pulling at her ears? does it hurt when u touch her belly or anything...is she running fever? then u have to worry about dehydration...has she been wetting her diaper or crying tears...there is a way to check for dehydration if u pull up or pinch a lil piece of skin it should bounce right back into place if not she could be dehydrated..i know there is a virus going around all over the place...just keep a careful watch over her tonight maybe give her some tylenol if she has fever...and call the dr asap in the morning and talk to a nurse to see what you should do...if she looks dehydrated of course take her to the er asap
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 3:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Suhweetness,her skin is bouncing back into place she is not pulling at her ears or shes not sick she isnt crying or seem like shes in pain when i touch her stomach and she has been peeing all day long so i dont think shes dehydrated she goes through this at least once a month im thinking its a growth sprurt .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I havent gone through this but as lonng as she doesnt have a fever, is having good urine and bm movements, not limp in anyway...she should be good. It might just be a growth spurt. Sometimes I give my son a pedisure when I know he hasn't eaten much. You could give her that so her vitamins are up to par :)
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 5:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• She might be getting ready for a growth spurt, or a major developmental change.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would say it is a growth spurt or she is fighting something. My kids will sometimes get like that when they are fighting an infection/cold/or something. Sometimes that is the only sign I have (cranky and tired) that they are getting sick or fighting something off. If it is that she is getting sick, I hope that she is able to fight it off and doesn't get any worse!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2011