my poor dd

my poor baby, who is 4, has been waking up off and on for the ppast couple weeks crying...any ideas what could be wrong with her...she isnt screaming bloody murder or anything but still crying

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 3:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• have u asked her? could be dreams
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• What is going on in your life and hers?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I dont wanna ask her about dreams bc she usually agrees with whatever i ask her...she wakes up gets out of bed crys for 5 minutes at the most then crawls back in bed...as far in our lives nothing has changed that i can think of...she will go monthes without doing it then start up all over again
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 3:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• o and she started wetting the bed again not every night
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 3:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• well u can simply ask her if she has had dreams (if she knows about them of course). if she says yes, than ask her what about? just let her do the talking, without leading her. let her talk to u. that's what I would do anyway.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Poor kid, DD has nightmares pretty frequently and does about the same thing, then I can never get her to tell me what is was. She thrashes and hollers and cries, then goes back to sleep.
    BansheeQueen

Answer by BansheeQueen at 3:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my dd actually gets out of bed walks around for a minute the goes back to bed
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 3:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sounds like something is scaring her. You need to TALK to her- not put words in her mouth, but Ask her "Sweetie Do you remember crying and waking up last night? What was wrong? Mama was worried about you." and "DD do you remember peeing the bed?" and just go from there.
    yarngoddess57

Answer by yarngoddess57 at 4:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My dd did the same stuff. She actually started doing this at 10 months of age. Continued all the way up until she was 4. We figured out the cause, and it wasn't too good either. I wish you the best of luck. Keep a close eye on her, and if she stays the night or has any contact with family/friends when you are not around. I would suggest you limit it and see if she starts talking then? Don't want to jump the gun, but I wish I would have seen some warning signs.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Two of my kids have gone through that. I think they are just phases. My son usually doesn't even remember when he gets out of bed in the middle of the night. My daughter will sometimes wake up crying (she will be four in July). Normally she asks for a cup of water or juice, or something to that effect. We let her have a sip of water and usually that's enough. It seems to me that she just needs some kind of interraction with me or my husband.
    Momma24Cuties

Answer by Momma24Cuties at 10:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011