Daycare: near or far?

Ok there are two daycares I'm considering taking my son to.
The first one he has already went too. I used it because it was downstairs from my job so it was convient. I don't really think my son got any speical treatment (you know what I mean), it was really small, and I really didn't like it (comparing to the one I took him to before--I moved). Plus it was expensive. For some reason even when I cut down the housrs I still was paying $200 a week.

The other daycare I want to take him to is nicer...more along my standards. Seems like he would actually learn something there, it's in a cool location, and they get a caterd lunch ones a week. The problem is this daycare is not going the same direction I'm going when I go to school. I think I would spend more on bus fare if I have to back tract to take him there. I'm prettysure the tution is the same.

I am looking for full time daycare for Spring Semester. so I have some time to make up my mind...so it wont be bad hoping on and off busses (weather wise) but it will cost me a bit more. I want him in daycare for socialization. Any advice.?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 6:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• It sounds like either day care you will get socialization skills. It's really up to you whether you want to spend the extra money. IMO and personally I would save the little bit extra and take him to the closest one. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• You need to look at the teachers not the catered lunch. Is it daycare or preschool?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• it is a hassle yes but if the other daycare has semi-more eduactional things then why not consider that one even if it is a lil out of the way.
    kiraray822

Answer by kiraray822 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• For his age group the one that is closest I don;t really see much learning. I see it more with the older kids. IDK i remember at the last daycare they would be eager to tell me what was learned today. I would read the daily report and could ask a question and they were able to tell me about it and his performance. At this one I would see he did things but that's about it.

The one that if farther away seems to be more education based. Like you know some places it is just the norm. I would ask questions no matter where IDK IDK...I really don't know. At the first one because he wasn't walking yet they kept switching him from toddler room to infant room. Now he would be in th e toddler room but something doesnt make feel happy about it. Not that I think they are hitting him or anything like that.....
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The one farther seems better, but imo not worth the inconvenient commute. Time is valuable. If I were you i'd maybe look around a little more. Maybe you'll find a place with the location and educational experiences you're looking for. Don't SETTLE. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yeah I was thinking about looking at a place that is closer to the college. I have seen smoe daycares along the bus route.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011