Anyone else? (vent)

Tired of apologizing? I have always been one to say I'm sorry about the most little things, and big also. It just seems like my dh is always pointing out things I do wrong, or don't do at all. My reflex kicks in and an apology comes out of my mouth. He acted like a child last night when I was going to change the tv from a hockey game, that he wasn't even watching. He got realy ugly and said here change the damn thing. So childish, IMO. I never heard a word from him, this morning he acts like evrything is fine. I have promised myself I'm not going to say I'm sorry unless I really need to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Let it go. You do not need to apologize.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I got tired of it too and I got rid of him. Thankfully I wasn't married to the guy, just invested years of my life with him but couldn't take his pettiness anymore

Answer by admckenzie at 7:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Who's TV was it? Since you are married the answer is BOTH of your tv, so why should you get to watch something too?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Don't apologize for things that aren't your fault anymore. You will feel less stepped on. Maybe when you are ready to you can say something like "Hey. It makes me upset when you say stuff like that. Why do you treat me like that?" He may or may not say something but at least you stood up for yourself. I believe you will feel better.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• When my husband gets smart and does something verbally abusive to me, I get him back. There are many ways to do this without raising your voice. I have many male friends, have access to all of his bank accounts, etc. Use your imagination.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'm in a situation where I'm tired of sensoring my true feelings with an apology. I bite my toung apologise and go about my day fuming. I cool down and and move on. But it's getting me no where. I have a dh who when he gets his paycheck all he sees is dollar signs, and I need this and I need that. I see okay we can pay this bill and this bill. By the time Monday rolls around I have to put off the bills ONE MORE week. We got our taxes done yesturday and we are not getting back no where near what we thought (higher tax bracket yay) and hes mentally buying this and that I just wanted to fling him into the road. I have a box full of medical bills I want to pay off so it's not hanging over my head every single day. I have one right now thats over $1200. I'm sorry I hijacked your post, but I needed to get that off my chest.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I agee with Autumn07. Stand up for yourself. If he doesn't recognize that he was in the wrong, at least he'll know you're not just gonna take his shit anymore.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 12:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2011