New home! Need decorating ideas!

I should be moving into a lovely small three bed house soon. I have an idea on how to decorate the lounge, but the rest of the house is still up for debate! So please flood me with your ideas, links to great websites ETC. To help I'll give you some info, I'm a happy person, I love pagan things, bright colours (nothing dull like gray), I have three kids, two boys (7yrs, 2yrs), one girl (4yrs), I have a boyfriend but he's not reallt too bothered about the decor... I really don't like the colour green.

LaraHappyMummy

Asked by LaraHappyMummy at 7:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think it is always so awesome to pick 3 colors and do the entire house in those colors just mix it up. For example I was in a model home recently and the theme was sort of rust, grey, gold with copper and green accents. So one room was painted rust, another copper, another gold with the same accents throughout just in diff patterns etc.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 3:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Spend some time in the library and check out decorating magazines or go to furniture stores and check out the vignettes of arranged furniture. I also get lots of ideas from HGTV. You can also check out their website. Ask your kids what color they want their rooms. They can feel that they are part of the decorating process.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Is it carpeted or hardwood or tile? What is the lighting? What is the lounge?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have gone cream and red in 2 of my rooms... I have my Pagan items up on the fireplace wall... (black and red and my brooms are tan)
    I kinda of follow the color of my furniture, dinning room it's wood and all of the door frames are wood trimmed... so I stay with old
    world/old west/Native American themes thru-out the house with loud splashes of color in different areas, i,e, pillows, walls, shower curtain, etc...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• To
    tootoobusy

The lounge, is the living room. LOL. I'm in the UK. Sorry! I have to put flooring down in all rooms and hallways. There is normal lighting, I'll be buying light fitings for all rooms. :o)
    LaraHappyMummy

Comment by LaraHappyMummy (original poster) at 7:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I've got a similar color palette throughout the house; white woodwork, hardwood floors (oak), and tan or khaki walls. I use chocolate browns, reds, and blacks to accent - everything I put on the walls or as a decorative accessory just pops on the neutral color palette. Overstock.com and Ballarddesigns.com have wonderful home accessories and furniture. Congratulations!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011