If you feed your dogs high end holistic/organic food.......

Do you do the same for your family? Are your meats grass fed, hormone, & antibiotic free? Is your produce certified organic? Organic milk? Non-GMO foods? No grains (including corn, wheat, soy) because these are GMO? Do your eggs come from a factory farm? Do you buy real cheese or cheese product?

motherofhope98

Asked by motherofhope98 at 7:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Pets

• sometimes i think our dogs eat better than me lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2011

• I do buy my dog high end food but not because it is holistic. I buy it because it is not full of fillers, it had real meat an not by-products and the first ingredient isn't corn meal and then slap full food coloring. I cook home made meals for my family most night and try to avoid processed frozen food but i do not worry about organics as a rule.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have to make my dogs homemade dog food because I have one with severe allergies. So my dogs eat what we do basically.

I live in the country kinda, and I do get my eggs from a farm and some times the farmer I buy from also has cuts of meat I buy from him as well. It just depends. I dont really stress out about certain foods. One of my sons was born with MANY MANY allergies to various dyes and his diet had to be looked at carefully or he broke out very badly and it also affected his behavior. We got into the habit of looking at ingredients. You dont have to use all organic to be healthy.

Answer by gemgem at 8:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes to all except the eggs. We buy our eggs from a farm that has free range chickens.

Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No.
    Sometimes.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Dogs are dogs, my daughter is human. They have different nutritional requirements.

My dog is fed on raw meat, but i'm not too fussed about organic, i prefer to be able to give my daughter a wide variety of lots of fruit and veg rather than a limited organic supply.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 11:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2011