Have you heard of this??

My boys the 2 younger of the 3 say you can recycle the pull tabs from the soda cans! I asked my oldest son, and he said he never heard of such a thing.......have you?

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 7:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I know that some Ronald Mcdonald houses collect them.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I dont know about recycle but I know that some charitys collect them and then they recieve a donation depending on how many they collect...My SIL collects them but I cant remeber what charity its for I think its a heart or cancer association.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Oh and yes you can recycle them, I read somewhere that a truck full of cans will get you ten dollars, while a truck load of tabs will get you a thousand. Call your local recycling agency to be certain.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The boys are so cute, they took a empty milk jug ready to fill!
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We always save ours, there is a local charity that collects them to help patients pay for dialysis. There is more aluminum in the pull tops then there in in the entire can; the charity is able to help a lot of people with the donations! Good for your kids!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Where do you live? In MIchigan the tabs on soda cans do not pull, any longer. Unless you mean to pull that tab all the way off? I have heard of recycling them but that was when the hole tab came off to open the can?
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have heard this actually. I just can't remember what.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have a student that collects them. He pulls them off of my can everyday.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No, What the heck for? Most tabs don't even come off unless you pull them off after opening. Usually, they just get recycled with the can.
    Encouraging people to pull the tab off and then throw away the can is kind of counter productive.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• YES!! My son's school is collecting them as part of the Builder's Club service project. There is almost the same amount of aluminum in the pull tabs than in the soda can. Plus they are small and don't take up that much room than a soda can. Some recycle places won't take crushed soda cans. So, do the math, 1000 pull tabs vs. 1000 soda cans.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2011