With The reason Economic Down Fall of our nation, Do you know of someone who has gotten let go from their job or laid off?

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• It took my husband 8 months to find a job. Thank heavens I am employed and we were able to give up all the little extras to make ends meet. We stayed home a LOT with the gas prices so high. Wishing you lots of luck. You are not alone in this.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 4:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My Mom was just let go... a larger company bought out their company and let a bunch of people go. She's not looking very hard for something right now, since I am due in Feb, she kind of likes the idea of just enjoying the holidays and new year -- getting some time helping with the new baby -- and then heading back to work. (She had seen it coming once the merger happen and was prepared. My father still works.) I can say that the recent economic plunges have really hurt their retirement plans. My father is 65 and had planned to stop working but their 401k took such a beating now it feels like he "can't" stop yet.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:31 PM on Nov. 15, 2008