Does anyone have an idea for a very fun anniversary weekend trip? We go away for a few days once a year and I need ideas on something that will be really fun!

I am looking for a great weekend for my husband and I - it is our 17th wedding anniversary and we have had a really tough year. I want to find something we can do to have a lot of fun!

DorothyOpp

Asked by DorothyOpp at 8:31 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Travel

• If you are by a river, see if they have like a stern wheeler. They are always fun and usually have dinner cruises.
    Erin333

Answer by Erin333 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I love the beach where there is a boardwalk, fine dining and a spa. You can swim in the ocean; he can win you a teddy bear on the boardwalk; you can enjoy each other over candlelight after you his and her massages! NYC is also a fun place if you take in a play, a city tour; a concert or game at Madison Square Garden; a picnic in central park.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 11:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Chicago is a great city with plenty to do. We made a quick trip there once & would love to go back.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• go to new york for the weekend and see the sights or see a show.. just have fun..
    kanela

Answer by kanela at 10:48 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Why not go to a Bed and Breakfast ...alone!!! Now that would be a real romantic treat.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I don't know what your budget is but we love to get away for a few days to a week at a time in Mexico. Iberostar has some fantasice all inclusive resorts on the Riviera Maya. If you are more into party/nightlife Cancun. We also love Cozumel, beach snorkel daytime, romantic dinners and dancing nightime
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:52 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I think Branson,MO is just great for the weekend. Lots of shows, great fun things to do, and awesome resturants. Also Silver Dollar City is great, either as a family fun vacation or getaway for two.
    Grownupmom

Answer by Grownupmom at 1:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I live in Charleston, SC and its beautiful and so historic. There are lots of great restraunts, shopping and things to do. You can go on a dinner cruise, a horse buggy ride in historic charleston or go to the beach. Charleston really has it all...
    mum2b2009

Answer by mum2b2009 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2008