Have you ever been laid off from a job? Any advise for my family?

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Money & Work

• when my husband was laid off I was pregnant at the time and we lost our insurance, we applied for unemployment right away, we were denied welfare because he got $50 over the limit from unemployment. We recycled for extra money, had garage sales for stuff we really didn't need, cut coupons, checked clearance boxes and racks first before any regular priced stuff, bought storebrand, got food stamps, and kept applying for jobs regularly, it took us 6 months before he got hired. But you have to look at what you really need, what you don't, and scrimp here and there. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• yeh,  start a new direction - start earning income that will be residual instead of living paycheck to paycheck - i laid off 3 employees 6 months ago - business has taken a turn for the worse, however, my home businesses took off and those employees are now making more money being IBO's just like me, they are making more now then when they were working for me - - take a new direction - while looking for work start your home business to jump start your future - contact me I will share

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 7:44 PM on Nov. 15, 2008