How to increase motivation to learn?

How to motivate my 6 years old to learn at school where she does not get any reward for studying and at home where she gets increasingly frustrated with the study?

ganna04

Asked by ganna04 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• how do u get a 3 grade to write more
    alabama80

Answer by alabama80 at 8:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think the biggest thing is to make it fun in different ways. My grand niece isn't too excited about studying, but I was making a silly motion when I was checking off her "to do" list and she perked up. She hurriedly went on to the next item so she could see me do the motion. A simple thing, but it worked that day. Just one example of making it fun. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I've always done homework with my kids. We'll read through the text, discuss the lesson, and then quiz each other on what "we've" learned. I'll also add additional information - like trying to tie historical events into comparisons with today. I tell them that the reward for good grades is not getting in trouble, making honor roll, and advancing in school. They know that going to school is their job, and they have to do their best - just like DH at his work, or myself with the household things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2011