Annoying Dr. visit-vent

I went to the Dr. because I'm sick.....no big deal. But the nurse that was taking my info kept asking me about any meds I was on. She asks me "Are you on any prescription or OTC meds?" It's an easy question right? I said "No" Then she asks "No Bc, pain reliever, vitamins?" Again I said "No" Then she asks "Any herbal pills? What kind of BC are you on?" OK, I get it that some people may not think to answer if they take Advil or something like that....but I'm annoyed now. I said "No, I'm not taking ANY kind of meds, prescription or otherwise" She then says....."Well you have 4 kids, don't you think that's enough? Why wouldn't you be on BC, over populating the world not a concern for you?" I lost it......I told her it was none of her business if I was planning to have more kids, my only concern with over population was the that too many ignorant people seem to survive and that natural selection missed her on the 1st round. I mean really.....I have a sinus infection, I'm not a freaking walking incubator! I did talk to the Dr. about her but I'm just pissy that she felt the need to jump in my business. And for the record, my husband had a vasectomy so no I don't plan to have anymore kids....OK, I'm done now.

What would have done or said?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 8:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'm with u!!! I have run into alot of bitchy nurses and the biggest bitch lives next door to me!!!!! U spoke for alot of women!! Thank u!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think you said it all and I'm glad you did!! The nerve of her............... And I'm glad you mentioned it the Dr too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Report her to her superior. What she said is unprofessional and rude.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• This was TOTALLY inappropriate and unprofessional of the nurse! UNACCEPTABLE!! :(
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• i had a nurse try to make me feel bad for not being on BC. she is lucky i was sick! LOL!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 9:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I'd have done just what you did. What an idiot B
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wow what a BIOTCH.....
    debbie26

Answer by debbie26 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I hate people like that. Over population? You should ask her if she has kids? If she does then wasnt she worried herself or is she just worried about someone elses reproductive rights?
    I have 5 kids, and if my husband had thought he would be able to handle more we would have had a dozen. Thank GOD no one ever said anything like that to me or I would have had them fired.

Answer by gemgem at 8:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I was really mad, I mean really....WTH was she thinking?
    how_reb

Comment by how_reb (original poster) at 8:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you have every right to be upset. I would have been too.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 9:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2011