Contacting ex's

So both DH and I agreed to keep ex's in the past or so I though. The other day I found out he sent a FB message to his ex.
Would this bother you? Would you say anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• He told you he wouldn't and he did? Not good.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would ask him about it. If you both agreed that you wouldn't be contacting exes, he needs to explain to you why he did.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yes, it would bother me if we both agreed not too
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yeah I am just trying to figure out how to bring it up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I guess if it was agreed not to then yeah it would. Me and dh dont make an issue of talking to ex's. I talk to mine all the time. My dh knows I dont *want* them lol. He has had contact with one of his but it was a passing thing and he told me. I would just tell your dh wth? Id ask why he felt the need to talk to her and hide it.

Answer by gemgem at 9:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• What did it say? I'd be pissed..
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't even mention it... YET. I would keep an eye on the situation to see what his intentions are.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think the only time an ex should be contacted is if a child is involved. I'm taking it that is NOT your situation. So I'd say that its very inappropriate for your DH to have that contact, especially when both of you had the "talk" about ex's.

Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yeah, it would bother me considering my DH is the kind of guy to stays FAR away from his ex's. They contact him all the time & either he doesn't reply, or tells them nicely that he is not interested in a friendship. My DH thinks women are sneaky & if one of his ex's tries to contact him, he thinks they want something. He says they are ex's for a good reason & he cares not to have friendships with most of them. (there is one friend that is an ex, whole other story & a LONG one)

So, if he contacted an ex out of the blue, yes i would be concerned because it would be very unlike him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't understand why people who have no kids with anyone would want to jeopordize their current relationship by talking to their exes. If it was supposed to work to begin with, they would still be together, hence the ex! I honestly don't think you will find a "good" reason. He'll probably play stupid, or rationalize it and say it was no big deal, or he was worried about her, or blame his ex for contacting him. You'll know for sure when he does it again.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2011