I want to try new recipes??

If any one has any recipes that they would like to share please share i want to try new things and learn to be a better cook. IT can be any thing from a main dish to a side dish to a salad or even a dessert.

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 9:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There are cooking/baking/crockpot groups on here too. Look under the green groups tab
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I love exploring http://allrecipes.com/  

You can search for recipes in general.  You can search for a recipe that contains ingredients you have on hand etc.  I either then print out the recipe OR I take my laptop into the kitchen. 

Have fun!!

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Left Over Recipe for Chili

Put your left overs in a baking pan
    Make up biscuits and drop the mix on top of the chili evenly spaced.
    Bake (whatever your biscuit recipe says) you can do this with cornbread too.

cooks.com is excellent to play on too.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• One we like a lot is tomato cream sauce for pasta. Boil your pasta (we use three cups for 2-3 people) and a few minutes into that start your sauce. In a large skillet put 2 T olive oil. Get oil hot and add 1T. chopped garlic. Heat and stir for about 30 seconds and then add 1 small can diced tomatoes, 1 T. tomato paste (from a tube), 4 sliced sundried tomatoes, stir and simmer for a few minutes. Then add 1/2 cup cream, a little at a time, and stir constantly. Drain pasta and combine with sauce. I find it easiest to get all the ingredients out first. This is also yummy without the cream. Enjoy your search for new recipes!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• http://www.epicurious.com/  Great site! 

mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I should have said to drain the diced tomatoes before adding to the skillet...........sorry about that.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sausage and Rice Casserole

This appetizing dish is fairly simple to make.
    1 lb. of sausage
    1 small onion chopped
    1 cup bell pepper, chopped
    2 1/2 cups of water
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    Dash of salt
    1 cup of uncooked Rice

Preheat over to 375 degrees. Cook sausage with onion and bell pepper until fully browned. Drain grease. Combine water, soup, and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add rice, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 7 minutes.
    Add sausage and pour mixture into casserole dish. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Have you checked out the cooking groups? Cooking 101 is good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• This is not a from scratch type recipe, as I am not a from scratch type of mom, but it was good.

Frozen meatballs in a small casserole dish, take a can of spinach and drain the extra water off, pour the spinach onto the meatballs so there is spinach covering each one. Salt with garlic salt and onion power. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. It keeps the meatballs moist and adds a nice flavor (tasted like Italian Wedding Soup. Maybe not what you're looking for but that's my best try.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011