High Prolactin

Does anyone have high prolactin and is not pregnant. How long did it take you to get pregnant after getting it under control?

Prayforblessing

Asked by Prayforblessing at 9:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I had high prolactin levels when I was in my early 20s. I am now 37 and have 5 kids. When it was first diagnosed I went on birth control pills (I wasn't ready to conceive at the time). About a year later I went off of the pills, and 6 months later found out I was pregnant. We hadn't actually been trying after I went off the pill, but we weren't trying not to either. I thought having my first was a "fluke," so we started trying again when he turned 18 months and I got pregnant almost immediately. I got pregnant with my 3rd while I was nursing my second and on the minipill. So - no problems really. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 9:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I had high prolactin levels from breastfeeding when I was trying to get pregnant with my son. It was causing a Luteal Phase Defect that was preventing me from being able to substain a pregnancy.

I took Fertility Blend (http://www.fertilityblend.com/) and it raised my progestrone levels which corrected my LPD in just one month. I got pregnant the first month I took it.

Vitex daily is also good for getting progesterone levels higher than prolactin levels which is really the issues with prolactin levels.

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2011