???

I am 19 weeks pregnant, and i was wondering should I be so tired??? I could end up sleeping half or most of the day and when i wake up im still exhausted...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yup!!! Your body is going through a big change. And its exsausting.. when i was pregnant with my first.. my husband would come home from work.. and i would be laying on the couch ready for bed at 5.. and he would say " why are you so tired? what did you do all day?" and i would say "IM MAKING A BABY! WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?"
    Im thinking about saying it agian too!! Pregnant is rough, its hard, and tiring even if you do exactly what you say.. sleep all day!!!
    Good luck
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 3:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Yes it's definitely normal for you to feel totally exhausted at any point in your pregnancy! It's different for every woman; your body is working very hard to help that baby grow. Try going on short walks outside during the day if you can help it - getting your blood flowing may help you feel more awake.

I felt very much the same way during my first pregnancy and ended up sleeping TOO much, which just made my exhaustion worse. I convinced my husband to start going on regular walks with me and I felt a lot better. Just keep 'em short (ten to fifteen minutes), or obviously you'll do more harm than good! Haha.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• of course you'll be tired, but if it is extreme you should ask your doc to check your iron levels. it is very common for pregnant women to have low iron levels, and you would not believe how tired that can make you!!!
    andreaRC

Answer by andreaRC at 3:38 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• oh yeah. it's normal
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• yes its perfectly normal I am 26 weeks and still exhausted.......and with a 3 year old I dont expect to get sleep anytime soon lol.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 15, 2008