If your husband made really good money but was only home 10 days out of the month. Could you do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• My DH is home on average 1/2 of the week. (He's almost always home on weekends). I support him, and he supports me - I miss him while he's gone, but he does what he has to do in order to support us. I'm thankful.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• no. we're having enough problems as it is with him working 50 hours a week. id rather him be around and be happy than be rich.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It would depend on the relationship, if it was a rock solid relationship, we talked everyday, he got to interact with the kids via webcam....I think it would be okay. I guess it depends on how bad you needed "really good money"
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I could do it now, but would not have liked it when my kids were young and especially during the teen years.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

this
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I love my husband too much, I'd rather make adjustments and live with less, and be poorer than be without him everyday. He's a great father too, so it wouldn't be just me that would suffer without him here involved every day. Tough situation, but looking back it won't be money that you'll miss someday, but a good marriage and time with your family will be.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• for some people, that would make life better....with my current relationship i wouldn't WANT to do it, but yes I absolutely could if that's what he wanted. with my first marriage....I did it....and life was so much easier....seeing him only on weekends saved a lot of fighting! I've always been an independant person, so it's good to know that yes, I can manage well on my own if i need to. what i wouldn't be able to do though is to be away from my kids!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Been doing that with him home 4 days a month or less for 13 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• We do this now. We use skype so that we can talk and the kids can see and talk to him. He is only home on weekends.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• My dh travels all the time. It's something you learn to live with.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2011