would this have bothered you? adult content

so i am friends on facebook with my ex's little sister, who is now 13. i've known her since she was just a 6 year old little girl. my ex and i have a 4 year old child together, that he does not see/ask about/give a damn about, hasn't seen her since she was 1. except for one time last year and then nothing since then which was about 6 months ago. anyway, my ex got married last year and had another baby with his wife. his sister put on her status yesterday: "hanging out with emily (his wife) and my FAVORITE neice today! lol :)" and it really irked me! so i wrote "you mean your only neice?" and then my ex commented on it (we're not facebook friends but he's friends with his sister obviously) and we just had a small argument on her status. but how rude is it to say something like that? what did my daughter ever do to her, him, anyone in that inbred fuck of a family? excuse my french. im glad he abandoned her in a way because she's so much better off without them around. but at the same time i wish they could only know how big her heart is and how much love she has to give. she is just an innocent child! i know his sister only said it out of spite. i removed her from my friends list today because i thought things could be okay between her and i but apparently she's just like her big brother.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• It would have bothered me too. I would have probably done the same thing because I'm bad about letting my emotions get the better of me and I hate for untruths to spread around so I would've made sure that everyone who sees it knows that it's his choice not to be a part of your child's life. Maybe it's immature but everyone is entitled to act that way once in a while...others do it more.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I don't know - it isn't the 13 yo's fault that her brother abandoned your DD. She just wrote an off-hand comment about hanging out with her niece, I wouldn't have taken it as anything else. I wouldn't have even commented on her status, just maybe deleted her if it upset me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• it would have bothered me, but I would probably have sent her an inbox message telling her it hurt that she doesn't think of my dd as a niece... I wouldn't have put it on her wall.
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 9:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yeah, I probably wouldn't have done that on her wall where everyone could see. Not to mention, she is a kid. Do you know for sure the child didn't write her own status?
    It would bother me, but it's probably better just to cut all ties. Keeping her on there is just a tiny window to peek in at the life you feel your daughter should have had with her father, and will only leave you upset. You can't change it, so just walk away.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Considering that it came from the mouth of a 13 year old and not an adult, it wouldn't have bothered me.
    This is a 13 year old CHILD you are talking about. Her 'favorite' whatever probably changes several times a day. If you wanted to get catty to someone, it should not have been her.
    The sad part is--now you may have effective severed those ties forever. Who knows, if you hadn't made that comment, there may have been a time when she would have wanted her other neice in her life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Personally? No, it wouldn't have bothered me.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I think would have upset me a little, but I'm big on not letting people know. It seems like some people get off on making other people upset. (My brother is one of these people) I wouldn't have posted anything, just deleted her and went on with my life. Let's face it they are the ones missing out on knowing your DD. You said yourself that's she is better off without them. Don't let what they say or do get to you.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• It's best to cut cords with an ex, ALL cords. Don't set yourself up (or your dd) for future heartache. Stay away from them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• 13 is hard and even harder when you have a rough life. I understand you are angry, but you are seeming to forget that 13 year olds do not often think of others feelings. You make it seem like it was a personal attack against you. It probably wasn't, but now you made a big deal out of it.
    I think it's a good think you unfriended her. If her life is so hard, she doesn't need this drama too.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Yeah, it probably would have urked me. I would have comented "well, if you & your family had any desire to be in your other neices life, then just maybe you'd have 2 favorite nieces, because you're really missing out on one cool kid"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2011