Why can't the father ever try to help you do stuff around the house?

I ask my hushband to help take care our son sometimes so i can have just 5 minutes to myself, but he claims that he always watch him. For the fact he works till dinner time and I am home with him all day. All I would like is a little help once in awhile. Please give some advice about what I can do to get him to help more. Thanks.

jms4ever

Asked by jms4ever at 3:28 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd like to know too...
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Just remember that while you are working all day with your child, he is working all day at work and then driving home. Expecting him to just jump in the minute he gets home is probably unrealistic. He needs to unwind and let go for a few minutes. Have a talk with him and tell him about some times that you really need a hand (making dinner, going to get your hair cut, etc.) and let him select a time that he's comfortable taking charge. If you approach this as a team, and divvy up the responsibility, then he's more likely to help out.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Because he's a man!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• my babys father is the same exact way, except for the fact that he doesnt work at all. he stays up all night, somtimes til 3 or 4 in the morning and then sleeps til 3 the next day while im in the room screaming at him to get up and help me. we have a 2 year old (in the VERY terrible 2's and a 2 month old) i get up every morning at 8:30 and take care of both of them by myself. i change 2 diapers and 2 sets of clothes, feed both of them, give them their baths and play with them both.
    proudmama_2boys

Answer by proudmama_2boys at 10:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• at noon i lay my 2 year old down for his nap (they both share a room with us) and his dad is still sleeping. well he refuses to go to sleep as soon as i put him in there, he gets up and plays with his toys and gets into everything and i have to go in the room and lay him back down atleast 5 times before i get so tired of my boyfriend not getting up and making him lay down. i go in and yell at him and he looks at me and turns over and goes right back to sleep. it is so tireing and annoying and i honestly dont know how much more i can take. i thought i would never find someone who had this problem like me
    proudmama_2boys