How do I tell him how I feel?

My boyfriend doesn't help me with our 5 month old Daughter && I was wondering if this is normal. When I say doesn't help me I mean he doesn't give her a bath sometimes he will feed her but thats only when I beg him to do it. He already ever changes her daipers. He doesn't get up in when she wakes up. I feel like I am the only one raising her. He provides all that she needs but she needs to spend time with him. How do I tell him how I feel without making him feel like he is a bad father?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Relationships

• My first husband was scared to death he'd break our kids. I don't think he ever bathed either one until they were old enough to climb in the tub themselves. I'd start out slowly asking him to do little things and as he is more comfortable, hopefully he'll take on more responsibility. But you have to keep things non-confrontational if you can and don't be afraid to ask for help as you need it.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• maybe he is afraid to help did you ask yet
    elle2hot4u

Answer by elle2hot4u at 3:52 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i had this problem at first too. i started out by asking questions and if he knew the answer than he knew how to do it but he was just afraid so i would ask him if he wanted to learn and by some good grace he was willing. so just ask and if he is not willing than try encourageing him.
    Anonymous

• With my first baby I wouldn't let anyone touch him. He was "mine" and I didn't want anyone doing anything with him!! Not even his father. I wouldn't even leave him alone with him to babysit. Now with baby #2 (6 years later) I had him changing diapers in the hospital! :D And I get him to prepare food, bottles when he took them! I agree with the others, just ask him to help. I'm sure he wants to, but it's intimidating for men I think to try and do what we do. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 15, 2008