Any last minute dinner ideas?

My in-laws usually come over on Tuesday nights with dinner for the family. They do it because they want to see all of us, but they know my SO and I both work and they don't want us to have to worry about making dinner for them. Anyway, due to the weather we decided to cancel it for tonight. That means I have to make dinner and I didn't take anything out of the freezer. Any ideas for quick meals (and don't say pasta) that don't require thawing?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 9:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• What do you have on hand? Cheese rice casserole with veggies and bread, or breakfast for dinner. Omelettes. Fried rice. Baked potatoes topped with chili. Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Stir-fried veggies tofu over rice
    Soup and salad (I found a yummy crab bisque in the freezer section and added a bag salad) -- don't forget rolls!
    Toasted cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. ( ham or tomato on the sandwich)
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Rice with some chunky type soup over it. Pancakes and eggs. French toast and a bacon or sausage. Bologna sandwiches and chicken soup. Make something simple and enjoy the parentless evening.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• boneless chicken breasts can be cooked from frozen and work great in the crockpot!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:50 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2011