anyone ever have memories your not suppose to have?

I was talking to my mom this morning. and we got to talking about my aunt and a house she lived in a long long long time ago. and i was telling my mom i remember her living there but i don't really remember her moving out and my uncle and his wife moving in. my mom looked at me "you can't remember that there is no way". i was like well i do remember that. and started describing the house and how it was set up when she lived there. my mom told me i was right it was like that but there is no way i could know that. it kind of struck me as odd that she keep saying that over and over. i just keep teling her i do remember that. finally she told me "but you was not even born"

DO WHAT?!?!?

now i'm kind of lost and confused and it's got me to wondering what other memories i have that i shouldn't

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 9:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Possibly a past life memory. I've had quite a few surface in this life. My first was knowing exactly what the Titanic looked like and drawing it when I was 4 or 5 (3 years before I ever even heard of it for the first time). If it wasn't a past life, then it could have come to you in dreams or something (maybe memories being shared from a relative who had passed away or something like that).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• yes, I used to. When grandma was really ill, at the end, one day no one could calm her down, because she kept insisting she wanted to go back home (her ORIGINAL home, in France).. and she asked the nurse to call me because I would know. And I just said> the green house, Nina, the one with the fountain in the front garden? And she said> yes, I knew you'd find it for me... and was calm after I promised her I would take her if she slept for a while...
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 10:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wowza! Does anyone else hear Twilight Zone music? lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I have had stuff like this happen, but I was always told, "You must have seen pictures." LOL
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• LOL :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Well, the last time that happened to me it was indeed true, and someone else was holding out the truth for whatever reason.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• popcorninteresting indeed.... i remember being 2 -3 years old that's it.

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I remember bits and pieces of my childhood, all good though, but I can only go back to about 7 or so.

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• my mom has told in such great detail of her childhood home over years, that now,i could easily describe it as if i lived there too. Maybe you don't realize how much you actually took in when she was talking?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 12:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• boobarandbell..... my mom never talked about her and her sister don't really get along because her sister is a holier then thou kind of person.. and always trying to keep up with the jones'

even after they moved we never really been around them much..
    oldfashionSAHM

Comment by oldfashionSAHM (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2011