When it rains it pours!

2 weeks ago our 2 & 1/2 year old got pneumonia within a 2 day period, luckily we caught it early. But, then the next week my daughter got a stomach virus. After my daughter got the stomach virus me & my husband got the stomach virus. I'm a full-time Mom & College Student (online classes). I've fallen a little behind on my homework, but I hope to catch up this week. I had a quiz last week online and I pressed 1 button the quiz stopped and I got a 0 on the quiz because the professor couldn't help me in time to unlock the quiz. I just want something good to happen. lol I'm really trying to keep my head up, but last night I had a good cry & a hot bubble bath and I went to bed early. Before I went to bed I called my Mom, because these past 2 weeks have been horrible and I just needed somebody to talk to for support. I just told her I was tired & feeling really run down, and she said nothing at all just Hmmm, uh huh, well. I just sometimes don't understand why I try to talk to her, I was just looking for a little bit of support and I wasn't rude or anything. I'm just really having a hard time, I guess I'm mentally & physically exhausted. I don't have any family close by, everybody lives 2 hours away from me.

mszh2010

Asked by mszh2010 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 3 (-1 Credits)
  • Poor gal!! You need some rest and a nice hot bath. I'm sorry your mother wasn't more sympathetic.
    I hope everyone is on the mend and that your mental and physical state are also.
    Keep your head above water and email your professors about what's going on in your household. SOME (not all) will be sympathetic and do what they can for your.
    Good Luck and hit the house with lysol. :)
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I know how you feel. I live 3 hours away from my family and 2 hours from my DH's family. I have no absolutely no friends besides my DH. Thank God for my DH. He's the only person I completely open up to anyways. Maybe you should try talking with your DH/SO, he can actually hug you and be there to support you.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Hang in there. I often have to remind myself of little phrases like:
    ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER
    ONE DAY AT A TIME
    WILL THIS MATTER IN 10 YEARS OR NEXT MONTH OR NEXT WEEK OR EVEN TOMORROW?

Find a simple pleasure, be it a cup of coffee or tea, or a little square of chocolate, 30 minutes with a good book or a magazine, or your favorite tv show. Set a goal to accomplish and when it's done, ENJOY!!

blessings. . . . ♥
    enjoy your moment!
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• All of these ladies have given such great advice, it's hard to expound upon it. Just remember, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Hugsssss.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Just keep your head up. Everything feels like it's coming down at once but popzaroo is right, this will all pass.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2011