On Facebook instead of calling 911???

My sister is 27, still living at home with my mother and after last night Im not surprised why. My mom has been sick all weekend, something like a stomach virus was what she told me, because she had a fever and could not hold anything down. Me being 4 months pregnant I told her I couldn't be around her if it were a virus but I would send my hubby to the store if she needed anything and have him drop it by. She never called back but later last night my sister posted a big status on my facebook wall saying 'HEADED TO THE HOSPITAL HAVE TO CALL 911 COME OVER IF YOU WANNA RIDE" This is not a party or an v.i.p. event, why are you asking me to come to your house as if I dont know where the hospital is. Besides the fact I have a 3 year old, I'm pregnant, and my hubby was getting ready for work. What would I be able to do. My mom was vomitting...thats it; when she had a stroke 2 years ago, I didnt find out until a day later. When I read this on facebook 30 minutes had already passed but she was having a conversation on her facebook wall with her friends about Going TO the Hospital. I was so pissed off because she was still sitting at home on the computer instead of helping my mom, like how ignorant can you be? I told my hubby I wanted to get my mom a helper or either convince her to move in with us or in a home because my sister is far past too immature to be responsible for someone else. I'm only 23, 4 years younger than her, and I have to always run to help her, it makes no sense. My hubby says to talk to my mom and tell her to tell my sis to act right or she has to leave, I don't see this as a solution, I want to be sure my moms okay.

thelovelymzbre

Asked by thelovelymzbre at 10:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe all of you should have a sit down conversation and pit all the cards on the table. other than that i dont know what to say. good luck
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 10:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Sounds like something my SIL did with my MIL a month ago. My MIL fell and split her head open and knocked herself out, my SIL came home, all the lights were off and the doors were locked and she went from window to window and found her laying in the bathroom and instead of calling 911 she just stood there banging on the window until it woke my MIL up. During this time, my SIL texted my husband and said "Mom fell over drunk." that was it... nothing else... (My MIL is a drinker) so we didn't think anything of it and didn't find out until the next day. Also, my SIL is 15.... but still, it's common sense that these people are lacking. (They live in AZ we live in MN) So not much we can do anyway.

I hope your mother is alright and I think it would be a good idea to sit your sister down and tell her how irresponsible her behavior was and if she doesn't knock it off you'll have to find someone else to care for your mother.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Where is your mom in all this? Does she have a say? Was she concious? Is she of sound mind? Can she still make her own choices? Because if she is of sound mind it's her choice if she wants her daughter living with her, not your husbands. What was wrong with her? Was she concious when it happened? Was 911 even neccecary? Did they come?

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• wow, just wow. i would talk to your mom and see what she says. i know your mad because of that situation but maybe its not like that all the time?...but anyway, if your so irritated and mad, make up a fake FB account or use yours and comment on her "status" and say "WOW!...YOUR SUPPOSE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL BUT YET FB IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT, RIGHT?" idk. depends if you want to stir up some trouble.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• ...and do it AFTER she's out of the hospital..cause they will see your on FB too!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Talk to your Mom about your concerns and see what she has to say about it.

(I would've been peeved too! Facebook is a joke!)

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• IT is important to talk to your mom first before deciding FOR HER what is best for her. You cannot make that choice for her to live with you or in a home. You really need to consult your mother. Then give your sister a HUGE piece of your mind for frolicking around on FB instead of taking your mom to the hospital. That is serious neglect right there. Not even when my water broke did I get on Facebook to tell everyone, let alone when I or someone else was in need to be rushed to the hospital. You need to discuss with your mother what her wishes are and share your thoughts with her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• um maybe she has facebook on her phone?... I do and i go on there all the time, i get what your saying but nowaday you dont have to physically be sitting in front of a computer to be online?
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2011