Mommy Blues

I'm 30 and my three year old son is about to head to pre school. It makes me sad because I've been with him his whole life. We're super close and I don't know what i'm going to do without him under me 24/7. I am thinking of heading back to work but it's still hard. I really want another baby but my husband says we have to wait to be more financially stable. I've tried to get him to change his mind but in my heart I know he's right. How should I cope and do other moms feel this attached or am I a bit crazy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lol no, you're not crazy :) i'm going to feel the same way when my younger two go off to school. they're 2 and 1 and both of them have been home with me since day one. it was a bit easier with my oldest, i was a single mom when she was born so by just a few months old i already had her in daycare so i could work. i think heading back to work is a great idea if you're ready for that. not only will you be helping out financially, but it's a great way to keep your mind occupied while your son is at school. it will be hard in the beginning no matter what but you will adjust in time :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I felt the same way when my 9yo started school for the first time. I would drop her off, and cry the whole way out of the parling lot. I would go home and mope around just counting the seconds until it was time to go get her. I would get there an hour early just to sit in line waiting for her to get out. When I got a job it was a bit easier. But, for the first week, getting work done was difficult, but I thought that with the extra income afterschool I could take her special places and let her play at the playpark at her favorite fast food restraunt. We had more money to afford the 2nd baby, and now a third. It was hard at first working while missing my baby, but it was so worth it in the end. Good luck.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• you'll get over it. There will be new exciting ways to bond now. You can volunteer in his class, set up play dates with his new friends, make Valentine's for classmates and teachers. Buy a cool back pack and lunch kit! Its all in what you make it!
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2011