I am going to have my day in court, my daughter was jumped, but

She don't want to go, she does not want to see them anymore, and says they will win because there is 3 of them.

I need tips, I have affidavits of the kids bullying her in the beginning of the year, the boy's sister is covering for him saying she punched my daughter not him. He punched her a few times in the head, while the girls pushed her and called her names,

I pulled her out of school-she was tutored, moved, and all because she wind up in the hospital they were not repremanded like they should have been, a parent called the principal the day she was jumped, stopped the bus and she still let them go. The paper says we don't have to be there, but you know what I want too go.... The kids that did jump her, lived down stairs from me.... Please tips on what I could do to help my daughter realize, justice will be served.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Record her story on voice recorder or video it & bring it to court just in case. HAs she met with any lawyers? All they have to do is ask her who hit her in the head & she has to tell them who did it. If that sister lies in court, she can get in big trouble.

Those kids will get in trouble, they sure will. Is there any witnesses who can help you out? They can order them to court to testify against those evil kids.

I would go....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't have your DD go if she doesn't have to be there. We both know that there is a chance these kids aren't going to receive any serious consequences. That would be pretty traumatic for your DD to watch them gloat. I'm so sorry that this happened to her, I hope that she's happy now and can put this awful thing behind her.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I can betcha they will get on probation....
    samurai_chica

• The problem is the witness still lives there, and nobody else will say anything, I got out they didn't.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• I would not force your daughter to go if she did not want to. This is a sad and hard situation. I can honestly understand her fear. Does she have to go to testify? Is there others who can go and testify so that she will not have to? As long as you have witnesses your daughter should not have to go. I would think the judge should understand the fear your daughter has. I hope and pray these kids get the punishment and charges they deserve. Bullying needs to stop, and it needs to be taken seriously. If this can save one more child from being bullied then take this to the fullest extent that you can.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Her mother was like yes, I will help you but she never put in a affidivit and never said anything, I don't think they will do it. Reliable, not.... Like I said her kids have to live there, not mine.
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• :( I'm so sorry this happened to your dd. But i would have your dd go. Have her stand up to them (in a safe place) and feel empowered by the fact that they will (hopefully) get punsihed severly. But on a legal not. I read somewhere that statistics show that Judges are more harsh on criminals when their victims are present int he proceedings. If your dd gets the chance to stand up and speak to the court, i would encourage her to do it. It may make her feel better to get all her feelings out. She needs to learn to speak up! speak up loud!

And if you want to take it a step further (which at this point i would) call your local media & be sure they are there to cover the story. Either the bullies will get punished & that will be a message, or if they get a light joke of a punishment, the public would be outraged, and should be made aware, so that punishments in future may get more harsh. But these bullies faces should be public
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The problem is the school didn't listen nor believe her, she feels like know one will.

I mean they said in front of her they will be punished for this behaivor if anything happens...

They said it was not on school grounds, but it was... If it was not the teacher would have not seen it and how could the teacher tell the principal who walks school grounds...
    KFree907

Comment by KFree907 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2011