How do you feel about Prop. 8?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I do think gay people should have the right to be legally married to the person they love. And I don't understand how someone's personal life effects the rest of us. People need to mind their own damn business and accept life the way it is. You can't convince someone to be straight. It just isn't likely! And for those who think you can...you're just guillible!

So let people marry whoever they wanna marry and mind your own damn business! It doesn't hurt anyone!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:53 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Very simple... This country is supposed to be based on equality for ALL. If you apply for a job they can't deny you because of sex, race, religion, or sexual preference... Why should marriage be different?

EQUALITY FOR ALL!!! LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I don't care much either way if homosexuals are allowed to marry or not. What I do feel what matters is that the people of California made their opinion clear when they voted against gay marriage in 2000 and again in 2008. It is absolutely ridiculous for several judges to overturn a law without the communities consent like they did earlier this year. The majority decides the laws, not the few.
    Anonymous

• I think everyone should be allowed to marry. HOWEVER, I don't think any church/religious organization should feel threatened to have their tax exempt status threatened or fined or jeopardized in any fashion if they say, "NO" to allowing an gay ceremonies in their facilities...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Who am I to say two people cant get married? I am pissed for them!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:40 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• LIVE AND LET LIVE, THAT IS MY MOTTO.

Answer by older at 4:59 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• i feel that the people of california have to open their eyes and take their heads out of the sand. there have always been gay people as far back in time as you can go. its about time everyone was equal in the eyes of the law...don't you think? what do the people think legalizing gay marriage would do? it can't take away from a straight couples marriage...so what is it> i just don't understand.
    mamacatz830

Answer by mamacatz830 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• The problem with Prop 8. is that it allowed the people of California to vote on whether or not a minority group should be allowed to marry.  That is unconstitutional.

Anonymous

• I agree with the PPs. The only argument that can truly be made against gay marriage involves religious design, and holding everyone to a religious standard isn't right. If there is a good, loving, couple out there, they should be allowed to get married and live a normal life in the way any other couple is allowed to.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• I am in California and I voted No on 8 and the majority of people who voted against it are the religious people.

Anonymous