Have a day care/ pre-k like this one?

Loud, screaming, out of control boys, and all the girls are quiet, and some of the girls just want to leave/ cry to go home, and can't handle the noise of the screaming, the boys bullying those that are left there, all the while the teachers just huddle in a corner and acting as though it's normal!!! This happened to me and my child> I would go and volunteer to stay for a few hours, and want so badly to get her back home and actually yelled myself several times at those boys, for screaming and acting favored and special and just getting put into time out. I tell those teachers every time it's hard to even hear myself, with the close room walls and no padding to absorb sound. I wanted to muzzle all those boys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Where I live day cares and pre schools are two totally different things. My girls go to a private pre school and it is nothing like what you are describing, the teachers have control over the students and it is organized.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Wow - no I've never seen a preschool like that. My daughter went to a private preschool and all the kids were well behaved, but there were only 6 kids/classroom with one teacher and an assistant.

Answer by missanc at 11:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• No way is my pre-school like that! I would head for the hills and not look back!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2011

• As a teacher I have quit places like that!!!!
    One boy threw a chair at me cause he "didn't like me" I had only worked there for a month. AND HE WAS 4!
    They do exist but my kids will never go there and I refused to work there.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• Here daycares and preschools are completely different. My son goes to private preschool and no, no ones acts like that. If my son would act like that, there would be consequences at school and home.  My son's class has 6 students and 2 teachers per class.  

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2011

• The boys would be in trouble at my preschool if they acted like that. Sounds like you should try to find another one. They just have no control over the kids.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2011