what is/was the toys your 1 yr. old loved?

i dont want to get my 15 month old daughter any gifts she wont come around to. its happened to where id buy her a toy, and she never plays with it. so for christmas, i want to get her something i know she will play with.
any past or present expierences with your kids will be great. thanks.

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 4:02 PM on Nov. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd loves blocks. She just turned 1. She loves them she likes getting them and putting them in a bucket and dumping it out and doing it over and over. She likes to climb too. I dont really know what you can get so they could climb but my dd does that all day. My son is 2.5 and he loves the blocks too so that one grows with the kids. And i like blocks too so it doesnt bother me to play with them and i dont feel stupid doing it.
    Ft.Stewart_wife

Answer by Ft.Stewart_wife at 8:36 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• We got a little tykes bike for our one year old and it was a winner.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:05 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Fisher Price makes a trike called the Rock, Roll & Ride that has been great. To start with, you put it in "rocking horse" mode. Later, you can use it as a trike with a handle and she gets to learn to steer while you push it. And last, you take the handle off and it's a regular old trike.

The Leap Frog fridge phonics is great. I got that for my daughter's 1st bday and over the last year she has played with it more and more. She now knows all of her letters and most of the sounds. Wow!

ToysRUs has a great set of foam building blocks. These are great because it doesn't hurt when the towers are knocked over or when a block is thrown at you. Again, these have seen more and more use over the last year.

Crayons. She is old enough now to start scribbling. They are non-toxic so it won't hurt if she nibbles a little. :)
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• Fisher Price makes a pink piggy bank that comes with large plastic coins. It counts them as they go inside. It has the added fun of "put things in, take thing out, put things in..."

Books, books, books. Get at least one potty training picture book and start reading it to her every once in a while. Get her used to the idea of a child like her using the potty like you do. Other than that, color books, letter books, number books... Sandra Boyton has been a huge hit with my daughter.

And never forget, a toy that is too advanced for her now is one she will grow into. And a "baby" toy can find new uses as she gets older.
    kaycee14

• my son is now three and still plays with the piggy bank the previous post tlked about. plus he LOVES the bounce and spin zebra by Fisher Price. and now they make a bounce and spin pony that is even better. we got him both of these toys when he was about 15 months old for Christmas. now two years later he still plays with both of them. hope this is helpful, good luck!
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 4:58 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My son loves anything that plays music, he has a little toy cd player he carries around a lot. He also likes Little People stuff and Mega Blocks. We also have a big Fisher Price Learning House (I think that's the name of it!) and he loves that. My 3 yr old still plays with that too, so it's lasted a long time, definately worth the money!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 7:32 PM on Nov. 15, 2008